Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:42:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>, Gary Thorpe <gat7634@hotmail.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multiple threads for interrupts

terry....

you know mate, it would be a Good Thing (tm)
if you got back int ocoding... and I don;t mean codimg for that box in you
apartment, but coding so as to provide distinct reviewable patches for
FreeBSD or the topics you are interested in..

I know your excuses include:
1/ your machines are not running -current
2/ you are coding on an incompatible set of patches at teh moment
3/ you, like the rest of us have time constraints with work etc.

but:

could you tone down teh lectures a bit until you can actually
start doing things to help with the load?
At least BDE is starting to commit things again which makes it
a much less annoying event to get a 'comentary' on one's style bugs
when one commits, because one knows the author is actually committing
things himself these days. (hopefully even more(!))

 but you have not submitted code
for so long that it makes what you say less 'compelling'.

If YOU were to come up with a set of 'swith-on'able (and switch-offable)
set of patches on any of the  topics you find yourself discoursing on,
I'm sure that everyone would be thrilled to give them a try.

s'nuff..

ok

get to the coding wheel..