Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 11:13:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        thomas@clark.net (Mark Thomas)
Cc:        saxonww@ufl.edu (Will Saxon), mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net (Mikhail Teterin), stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: good network card (xl0 packet dropping)

> At 01:15 AM 2/19/00 -0800, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> >And now that Intel owns what was the Semiconductor Division of DEC,
> >that includes the DEC dc21x4x based cards :-).   In all seriousness
> >to add roundness to the ``what works well'' either the Intel Pro/100
> >cards or our favorite DEC/Intel DC based card the KNE100TX (NOTE do
> >_not_ get sold the cheaper KNE110TX, it is _not_ a Tulip based card!)
>
> What about the KNE120TX?

Can't tell what chip is on that from the pictures on the web site :-(,
I can tell enough that it is _not_ a DEC/Intel DC21x4x chip, and looks
more like a Realtek or Realtek clone chip.  Anyone have the chip markings
off of one of these so I can look it up in a databook?

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net