Date:      Thu, 09 Aug 2007 14:09:23 +0200
From:      peter@bsdly.net (Peter N. M. Hansteen)
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inbound/outbound mail rules

cowbear <fcolvin@aol.com> writes:

> I am trying to configure my openbsd pf rules to allow incoming and outgoing
> smtp traffic to my new exchange server.

as long as it speaks smtp, you simply write pass rules to let 'port
smtp' pass from your mail server and to it.  You probably want to set
up your pf to use spamd to wash the incoming a bit first, though.

> I have to admit that I am a newbie to this and have been plunged into the
> unix arena with little to no advanced knowledge so some simple and concise
> help is greatly appreciated.

For PF, it's possible that my tutorial at <http://home.nuug.no/~peter/pf/>;
could be useful. (expect some updates for EuroBSDCon. yes, it's on.)

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/