Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:21:07 -0700
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] WIP on fonts

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:50:56 +0100 Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org> wrote

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 09:28:15AM -0700, Chris H wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 16:37:13 +0100 Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
> > wrote
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Some of you may have notice some work on the font area.
> > >
> > > The goal of this work is to prevent every single font package to act
> > > differently and most of the time not correctly.
> > ..
> > > 3/ Move all fonts from ${LOCALBASE}/lib/X11/fonts to
> > > ${LOCALBASE}/share/fonts >
> > Won't this invalidate the current entries in /etc/X11/xorg.conf?
> > eg;
> > FontPath     "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/{...}"
> >
> > P.S. Thanks for doing this. Consistency is nice! :)
> >
> > --Chris
> >
> Yes this will, that is why I plan to add an entry in UPDATING, anyway xorg is
> supposed to be able to work without those FontPath now so it might be
> seamless for most(all?) users.
Ahh. Good. I was just wondering if it was going to be like
when X was moved from /usr, to /usr/local, and a symlink
was placed to reconcile the change.
But IMHO a note in UPDATING should be good enough. It encourages
those who don't, to start reading it. :-)

Thanks again, and sorry for the bother.

--Chris

--Chris