Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:22:29 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        Ron Tarrant <rtarrant@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Misleading

Hello,

My suggestion:

Leave the link text as is (so that eg in a print edition ppl can still find
out what the actual address of the mailing lists is) but chnage the link to
point to majordomo. However, I don't know if the mailto: URIs can also
contain templates for the text? Because majordomo doesn't care about the
subject, but cares about the text. If so, we can solve it like this.

If not we should just take out the link (but not the link text!) so that it
isn't clickable any more. This way, hopefully ppl will realize that they
need to actually read a bit more...

BTW, maybe we should take out the mail address of the doc list from under
the title of the Handbook, because I strongly suspect that people never
actually read the footer that says "If you have problems with FreeBSD mail
-questions, if you have a problem with the docs, contact -doc"
(paraphrased) but instead go straight for the mail address that's right
under the title because they expect that the "author" will answer all their
questions. This imposes unnecessary "support load" on the -doc list at
times.
--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM