Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:17:05 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   let us restart pecefully

 So the trouble is with printer.
 Description of trouble
 First of all,yes i have maanged to bring him so far as to
 spit out some bytes.But on rather strange manner:i brought
 it up with lpc up lp,previously it was not possible for me
 to get it working with lpc start|enable all.As far as
 understood it from man pages though,the function
 of start|enable and up is rather identical.So
 the question #1:
 1)Is it a bug or a feature?What is the
 expected way?What is the difference between
 up and enable.
 Yet to statemnet about just few bytes.
 I use apsfilter and programm claims
 that it could handle TIFF format but i got reverse staircase
 effect while trying to print out some man pages.So question
 #2 is:
 How can i handle reverse staircase effect in this particular
 case?
 And last part is about magicfilter:Do any example files
 exist with all this magic bytes on magic places?
 Will magicfilter work with noPS printers?
 What further problems can arise while installing magicfilter?

 As to flame part of messages of Mrs Lehey and Perelman :))

 It is nothing so expecial about my messages we are all
 equal here as well as elsewhere,save maybe the fact
 that two troubles i had with fbsd so far  resulted from
 1)Book of Mr Lehey(see archives for july-august)
 2)Rather "misleading" i quote one guy from mailing list
 concept of sysinstall's Upgrade.
 First of all i would like to say that your criticizm
 is accepted but maybe i would react somehow faster
 on errors caused not in last part by me.
 As to my alleged aversion to quote no i have not such
 kind of aversion but as already said yes i was somehow
 irritated by this surely well-minded very general hold suggestions
 started with the statement:"I do not remeber your problem."
 So i hope we are over with this surely not tremendously
 tries somehow to mend each other.

 Best Regards

 Ariel Burbaickij