Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:01:03 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>, "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: changing a name server at INTERNIC

On 16 Jul 2000, at 2:57, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org> writes:
> > It's not just US$12.50 AFAIK.  There are ten domains in question.  And
> > that's not much money if one has lots of money in the first place.  I do
> > not have such money.  Having had only 2 months of paid work in the past
> > ten, it is an expense I an not prepared to meet right now.
>
> The FreeBSD Diary is quite a valuable resource for FreeBSD users,
> especially fresh converts.

Thank you.

> Have you tried asking BSDi for support?

A good suggestions.

BSDi (mostly as Walnut Creek, Bob Bruce especially) have helped me
a great deal in the past and I don't want to ask them for more unless I
can avoid it.  At present, I'm in the process of changing the name
servers, as registered with Network Solutions, from my name server to
another name server. When that is completed and I can see the
changes in the WHOIS database, I'll delete my name server from
Network Solution's database.  Then I'll add my new name server (new in
name only, it's the same IP address) back into their database.

This whole process should be finished by the end of the week.  I might
be able to do it faster, but I like to stop after each stage and let the
WHOIS database catch up with reality.
--
Dan Langille  [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary - http://www.freebsddiary.org/