Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 06:15:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Printing to HP845c attached to Win2K - over samba?

On 4 Nov 2002, Stacey Roberts wrote:

> The printer initializes itself (the usual "about to print" noise)
> Takes sheet of paper from paper tray
> Printer stops
> Manual Paper feed button light starts blinking
> I press the blinking light button
> One sheet is ejected, with one line (stepped) at the top
>
> Any ideas as to what's wrong here? The document I tested is a simple
> text file (/etc/hosts).

It sounds like it's working, but you need an input filter to convert
line feeds to CR/LF, and then need to add a form feed at the end of the
job.  I know the Handbook section on printing talks about the LF/CRLF
issue, can't recall if it mentions adding form feeds.  Take care of the
stairstepping first, then form feeds will be easy.