Date:      Mon, 08 Feb 2010 13:56:07 -0600
From:      eculp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Drowning in a KDE4 - xorg - nvidia glass of water after updating all over the weekend. w/links sorry attachments didn't get through

This message is in MIME format.

--=_6zb37s7kil8g

I haven't had an X/kde problem in years and probably because of that I =20
  am stuck.  Problems are learning opportunities;)  To confirm that my =20
  las xorg.conf was done with xorgconfig and almost identical to my =20
old  XF86config files and all depreciated.

When trying to start my brand new kde it stuck with Akonadi and the  =20
las line was that it was preparing to launch  =20
/usr/local/kde4/lib/kde4/kio_trash.so and it doesn't move from there.  =20
  I have to kill it with ^c.  I have a copy of the last run bye using  =20
startx 2>&1 | /tmp/TestLog.log and am attaching the link.

http://encontacto.net/bsd/TestLog.log

As I mentioned my xorg.conf didn't work so I created a new on with  =20
Xorg -configure and then ran the nvidia-config and used the result =20
also linked.

http://encontacto.net/bsd/xorg.conf

To confuse myself even more I decided to test it with twm and xtwm  =20
because I was sure that they would work in the meantime but neither of =20
  them even wanted to come up.  They change all my black terminal  =20
windows to white and make it impossible to read and it shuts xorg down =20
  immediately.  It would seem from the nvidia errors that the problem =20
is  with the nvidia driver that I have been using without problems for =20
  several months now, so I also tried the vesa driver with similar  =20
problems.  I'm also attaching a link to the Xorg.0.log, just in case.

http://encontacto.net/bsd/Xorg.0.log
http://encontacto.net/bsd/TestVTWM.log

Resuming I don't know if my problems are with kde4, xorg, or the  =20
nvidia driver and have no idea where to go from here, so any  =20

ed

--=_6zb37s7kil8g