Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:26:38 -1000 (HST)
From:      Kent Kuriyama <kuriyama@newhost.cpf.navy.mil>
To:        grog@FreeBSD.org (Greg 'groggy' Lehey), questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Questions regarding use of 'gdb -k'

Greg,

Thanks.  Regarding the suspected corrupt dump file.  In the syslog I can
see the dump file being created (actually 'vmcore') and there are no
error messages.  Are you saying that the corruption occurs during
the writing of the file or is the data resident in memory corrupt?

I suspect that something is wrong with the hardware on this
box.  We moved the hard drive from one motherboard to another but the
problem remains.  This leaves the hard drive as suspect but there are
no syslog messages to indicate a drive problem.  The system is running
4.8 p13.  Thanks.

Kent