Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 15:35:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ahmad Lokman Hamid <alhh@alurtenaga.com.my>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Free BSD Kernel error message

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Ahmad Lokman Hamid wrote:

> Can Anyone out there explain to me on the error messages below which I
> got at the console
> >
> > Oct 10 17:06:51 susan/kernel: sio0: 1 more silo overflow (total 4)

This means that you're driving your serial port faster than it can process
data.  You usually see this if you aren't running a 16550 UART or if
you're trying to do high speed communications with a high system load.

> > Oct 15 22:58:29 susa routed[64]: interface sl0 to 161.142.203.186 turned
> > off

This means that routed found that it couldn't communicate with sl0
anymore.  sl0 is the SLIP interface.  If you hung up, then this is
harmless.  If you're not doing any advanced routing, you should probably
turn routed off.  This can be done in /etc/sysconfig.