Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 1997 11:04:03 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        kuma <kuma@mathlab.sunysb.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic

kuma wrote:

   [snip]
> I tried the first method you told me, but it does not work, the same
> message still pop up after boot.
> I tried to use the second method.  But i am a little confuse.  You mention
> to change the wd2 on its line to wd1, you meant to change wd2 in wd2's
> line to wd1 in the kernel configuration file? You also said replace all
> references to wd2 in etc/fstab to refer to wd1, are you saying that
> replace wd1 with wd2 or vise versa?
>
> I am sorry, it just seem a little complicate to me.
> Thanks for the patience.

The logic is to name your second disk wd1 instead of wd2. The procedure
is:
1. *Remove* all references to wd1 in the kernel config file.
2. s/wd2/wd1/, that is, wherever it *used* to say wd2, have wd1 instead.
This goes for both the kernel config file and /etc/fstab.

This assumes you don't have a disk named wd1 already (if you do - put
the root partition on it :-) ).

> Mark
Nadav