Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2007 22:25:08 -0800
From:      David Benfell <benfell@parts-unknown.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb/umass, devfs: this sucks

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 00:38:11 -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
>=20
> If we want people to give FreeBSD a try in good faith, it is both profoun=
dly=20
> stupid and dishonest on our part to claim, we have a working USB-system..=
=2E It=20
> does not matter, how great our buffer-sharing VM is, if a home user can't=
=20
> process their photos with a FreeBSD-powered computer.
>=20
While I have not experienced difficulty with umass, I would have to comment
that as near as I can tell, *nothing* else on USB works.  Not my scanner, n=
or
my Treo.

Both have worked intermittently in the recent past, so I believe my configu=
ration
is not at issue.

--=20
David Benfell, LCP
benfell@parts-unknown.org
---
Resume available at http://www.parts-unknown.org/
NOTE: I sign all messages with GnuPG (0DD1D1E3).

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK--