Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:32:39 +1030
From:      Ian <no-spam@people.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to re-start freebsd-update?

--nextPart2266029.EcEXVNn8dC

Hi,
I've started upgrading a machine from 7.0 to 7.1 using freebsd-update. It's=
=20
the first time I've upgraded to a new os version with it (always used cvsup=
/=20
make world & mergemaster before).

All was going well until it came to merging the new & old conf files. I was=
n't=20
quite sure what to do when asked to edit some of the files (it's not the sa=
me=20
as mergemaster), so I did what I thought was best (having made a backup=20
of /etc first!)

Anyway, once that was finished, it then showed me the resulting merged file=
s=20
and asked if each one looked reasonable. I answered yes to the first one, b=
ut=20
with the second file wasn't right, so I answered no - assuming it would giv=
e=20
me the chance to edit the file again (like mergemaster does).=20

Instead it just dumped me back at the command prompt with no indication as =
to=20
how to proceed from there.

I tried running the freebsd-update install command again, but it said no=20
updates are available to install, run freebsd-update fetch first.

Is there some way I can resume the upgrade process? Or do I need to do a=20
rollback and then fetch & update again?

Cheers,
=2D-=20
Ian