Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:54:25 -0800
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Jack L. Stone <jacks@sage-american.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: script help

On Feb 14, 2011, at 2:34 PM, Jack L. Stone wrote:
> # find all of the same filenames (copyright.htm) and then replace the =
year
> 2010 with 2011 in each file. Once I have a working script, I should be =
able
> to add it as a cron job to run on the first day of each new year.

  find . -name copyright.htm -exec sed -i .BAK s/2010/2011/ {} \;

Of course, a purely automated replacement of the year without making any =
other change is likely considered "de minimus" from a copyright =
perspective.  You'd need to make a more substantial change involving =
some original content for this to be genuinely meaningful....

Regards,
--=20
-Chuck