Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 1995 18:00:09 +0300
From:      kallio@jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio)
To:        Henning Wickhorst <hw@thor.shn.com>, kallio@jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, hw@thor.shn.com (Henning Wickhorst)
Subject:   Re: NCSA Telnet and FreeBSD 2.0.5

At 15:46 28/9/95, Henning Wickhorst wrote:

>>FreeBSD
>> >I have the same problem here, using an older SNAP.
>> >
>> >I think the reason is a bug in NCSA telnet. The file 'bugs.txt',
>> >whitch is shipped with NCSA telnet, says that the linemode negotiation
>> >is buggy.
>>
>> It is fynny that only FreeBSD and NetBSD find this bug. Not Sun Solaris,
>> HP/UX nor Linux.
>
>Seems to be strange indeed. But what about making a telnet connection
>from those other systems to a freebsd box ?

No problems. I can login first to Sun and then to FreeBSD and the problems
do not "follow" me to FreeBSD. Sun is setting NCSA telnet correctly.
FreeBSD is not negotiating with NCSA Telnet if i first login to Sun.

Seppo

--
 +--    Seppo Kallio       -----             kallio@jyu.fi              ---+
 !    Computing Center       !   Fax +358-41-603611 Phone +358-41-603606   !