Date:      Tue,  5 Apr 2005 05:47:09 -0400
From:      Walentyn <Walentyn@gorsk.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter@inode.at>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mpd PPTP client connection to SnapGearLITE+

Quoting Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter@inode.at>:

> Hi,
>
> Perhaps GRE is blocked somewhere (Firewall)?
>
> bye,
> --
> ------------------------------- ----------------------------------
> Michael Bretterklieber          - http://www.bretterklieber.com
> ------------------------------ ----------------------------------

I thought the follwing ipfilter rules would have done the trick:

# allow PPTP client
pass in  log quick on xl0 proto gre from [SGL server IP]/32 to any
pass out log quick on xl0 proto gre from any to any
pass in  log quick on xl0 proto tcp from [SGL server IP]/32 port = 1723 to any
pass out log quick on xl0 proto tcp from any to any port = 1723

Perhaps I missed something, however, the firewall log does show "p" (pass) for
all entries during attempted negotiation.

I'm starting to think that FreeBSD's mpd PPTP may be incompatible with
SnapGearLITE's UCLinux PPTP interpretation (although SGL works like a champ
with XP and Linux clients).  Unfortunately, the appliance in question has been
discontinued and the company taken over (and forgotten?) by Cyberguard.

Thanks!

--
Walentyn