Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2013 17:24:09 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
Cc:        Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Output change of 'pkg info' after 1.2.

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 04:36:00PM +0100, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 00:13:38 +0900 (JST)
> Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org> wrote:
>=20
> > I noticed that output of 'pkg info' changed after version 1.2.
> >=20
> > If I remember correctly, 1.1.x behaved as following:
> >=20
> > - 'pkg info -q pkg-name' outputs package name with version.
> > - 'pkg info pkg-name' outputs package name with version, and comment.
> > - 'pkg info -f pkg-name' outputs full information.
> >=20
> > But 1.2.1 works as following:
> >=20
> > - 'pkg info -q pkg-name' outputs nothing.
> > - Both 'pkg info pkg-name' and 'pkg info -f pkg-name' outputs full
> >   information.=20
>=20
> Just tested, pkg 1.1.4 vs. 1.2.1
>=20
> pkg info -q pkg-name is identical on both, but "-f" vs no parameter
> definitely changed and this seems like a bug to me.
>=20

It is not a bug, but intended as requested by a lot of users. To mimic the
pkg_info behaviour.

pkg info -q shows nothing on purpose as well as pkg info -q is used by the
scripts like portmaster or by the ports tree and only the return value is
checked
0 means something was found 1 means nothing was found.

regards,
Bapt

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--