Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:16:48 +1300
From:      "Mark Ibell" <marki@paradise.net.nz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   keyboard: home, end, etc.

Depends on the shell/terminal you are using. But basically, home, end, etc,
generate escape sequences that depend on your terminal type. Best way to
configure this is to edit your login script, e.g. .cshrc or .profile, and
insert something like:

# for C shell
bindkey '[Ctrl-V][Home]' beginning-of-line

# for Bourne shell
bind '[Ctrl-V][Home]'=beginning-of-line

Note: [Ctrl-V] means press Ctrl & V keys together, likewise, [Home] means
press Home key.

If only I could get [Ctrl-Left] & [Ctrl-Right] to skip words like [Esc-B] &
[Esc-F] do. Can anyone do this?

Hope this helps,
Mark