Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:09:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        "f.johan.beisser" <jan@nttmcl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updating multiple machines..

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, f.johan.beisser wrote:

> hello,
>
> i couldn't find this in the archives, so.. i thought i'd post this. if it
> was covered, i have to appologise for the repeat..
>
> anyhow, i need to update more than a few machines to -stable. these
> machines do not have GCC working on them, and i'd like to keep it that way
> (these are minimal install machines, and have no user accounts).
>
> i'd like something faster than a make world (these also do not have source
> code on them). basically, i would like to do a binary only install on 4
> machines, simultaniously.
>
> several things are not an option:
> 	1 - NFS
> 	2 - ftp
> 	3 - anything with weak authentication
>
> any suggestions?

	Your problem definition leaves you very few options. The easiest
one would probably be to install from floppies, however you don't say
where you're upgrading from. The most thorough solution would be to do a
make release, burn it to a cd then do a CD install on the non-gcc
machines. Other than that I don't see any options.

Good luck,

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter