Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:38:14 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi.c

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 04:11 pm, Nate Lawson wrote:

> It is interesting that the suspend path without the apic support causes
> a hang for you.  This should be investigated.  Does it work if you have
> apic compiled in but boot with hint.apic.0.disabled="1" ? Any ideas
> where to look John?

Not for the !APIC case, no.  It would probably be good to get that working
first before trying to work on the APIC case.  Perhaps the ioapic resume code
is using locks when it shouldn't though.  Is it not safe to grab a spin lock
when intr_resume() is called?

> I still think this needs to be implemented although it's not likely to
> be your problem.

Actually, we already reprogram all the APIC intpins on resume in
ioapic_resume() from saved state.  There's actually not anything for
ioapic_suspend() to do, so I've mostly left this as a marker until the
current resume code is tested.