Date:      Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:58:28 -0400
From:      Eric van Gyzen <eric@vangyzen.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   SNAP005 as a VMware 5 guest

I tried to install FreeBSD 6-CURRENT i386 from the SNAP005 ISO image
as a guest under VMware Workstation 5 and got the following panic:

  panic: Duplicate free of item 0xc1d9e000 from zone 0xc144adc0(g_bio)

  cpuid = 0
  KDB: enter: panic
  [thread pid 3 tid 100034 ]
  Stopped at      kdb_enter+0x2b: nop
  db> ps
    pid   proc     uid  ppid  pgrp  flag   stat  wmesg    wchan  cmd
      3 c1985c48    0     0     0 0000204 [CPU 0] g_up

It has happened several times while extracting the base distribution set.
I verified the MD5 sum of the ISO image.  VMware is running on a Windows XP
host.  SoftUpdates was enabled.  Today is Monday.  ;)

I don't have much experience debugging the kernel, but I'm willing to help
if you're interested.

Cheers,

Eric