Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:20:07 +0700 (JAVT)
From:      Roy Lanek <lanekr@indosat.net.id>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Power supply went off while making `make install'

Problem: my ports-database went corrupted ... just while making `make
install' of some product (rxwt) paff! the power went off; it happens
here (id::= Indonesia) + buttered bread slice conjecture; my UPS is waiting
the new batteries from Jakarta; and voila'. If I make:
pkg_info -I -a | sort -f | less I get this:
rpm2cpio-1.0        Convert .rpm files for extraction with /usr/bin/cpio,
needs
rtfm-0.2            A FreeBSD documentation search mechanism
rxvt-2.7.1          <FE>^<EB>Q<8D>vsgmlformat-1.7      Generates groff and
HTML from linuxdoc and docbook SGM
L docu
skill-3.7.7         SuperKILL, kill or renice processes by pid, name, tty
or uid
speyes-1.2.0        WindowMaker dockapp/xeyes clone using SouthPark
characters
The offending entry is rxvt-2.7.1, which I can't delete: pkg_delete -f
rxvt-2.7.1 also does not work, fact that I can understand and believe; the
message is: "pkg_delete: package 'rxvt-2.7.1' doesn't have a prefix"; I
did finish successfully a `make' and to remember I was running make
install.

My question: which file, and where need I to edit, or there is another
procedure? Many thanks

Roy Lanek (West Sumatra)