Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:54:52 -0000
From:      "Dale Tuck" <tuckd@chepsa.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PCI 3C509 Problems

Hello,

Please can you help me resolve the following problems :

I have installed a 3C509 into a pentium 133.  The card is being recognised
by FreeBSD as a vx0 (I assumed it was an ep0)?  This seems fine as far as
dmesg goes but early on in the boot process I get the following message :

vx0 <3com 3c509 Fast Ethernet XL PCI> rev 0 int a irq 10 on PCI0:10
mii[*mii*]:disable 'auto select' with dos util!

What does this mean???  What DOS app?  How can I sort this out if I don't
have a DOS partition?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

mailto:tuckd@chepsa.com