Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2001 19:30:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ferdinand Goldmann <ferdl@atommuell.oeh.uni-linz.ac.at>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PicoBSD & 1720K floppies

Dear all,

I am trying to set up my own customized version of PicoBSD-net,
using the FreeBSD-4.3RC source code. However, I am running into a
few problems.  I set up the disk image without any problems using
the build script.  The floppy disk was prepared running fdformat
/dev/rfd0.1720 before copying the picobsd image to the disk using
dd.

However, when I try to boot from the disk, the boot2 loader keeps
complaining "Not ufs". There seem to be other people who ran into
the same problem, but I could not find any good solution in the
mailing list archive.
Putting 0:fd(0,a)/kernel into the /boot.config file did not do the
trick either.

The additional ~300K would be nice to have because I will have a
quite huge kernel already due to many drivers I need. This way, I
won't have to downgrade the userspace binaries that much.

Has anyone managed to get PicoBSD to boot from larger floppy disks
than 1440K?

Kind regards for any pointers,
Ferdinand