Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 17:01:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        molter@tin.it (Marco Molteni)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to program the serial interface?

Marco Molteni wrote:
> [Please CC to me since I'm not subscribed to -questions]
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a user-level program to interface a DEC TU58, which is a
> state-of-the-art ;-) tape drive; it uses a 256 KB cartridge.
>
> The interface to it is a RS-232, and I'm asking how do I program the PC
> serial interface with FreeBSD? Are there any manual pages or some docs?
>
> If someone happens to own a TU58, I'll be happy to share the code ;-)

Yikes, what an antique!  I'd check around on some Dec-oriented places.
try http://www.decus.org  They have some archives on DEC arcana.
Maybe ask on port-pmax@netbsd.org. Do you actually have documentation
for what that Dectape wants to have?

Dave
--
http://www.microsoft.com/security: `Microsoft Windows NT Server is the most
                  secure network operating system available.'