Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:53:26 -0000
From:      "Bruno Miguel" <brunomiguel@netcabo.pt>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        The Babbler <bts@babbleon.org>, freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPSEC tunnelling

> > I'm using IPSec tunnel mode, with ESP, but no authentication.  I'm also not
> > using AH.
>
> Tunnel mode is troublesome to mix with NAT. AH is impossible to run
> through NAT.

I tried using a skipto rule when packets from local network tried to reach the
other local network... skipping the divert rule. To no avail..
I was trying to use tunnel mode, only esp.
I wonder if someone has done it..... i normally use ipfilter, but the ipfw divert
rule being able to be bypassed by a skipto rule made me try ipfw. It didn't
work..... when I setup a 10.x.x.x. network it worked..... but it was nattin'
192.168.x.x network. I wonder what went wrong.

      ...:-=>> The freaking Mail Band <<=-:...
                  hununu@netcabo.pt
             D.E.Q. @ I.S.T. - Portugal