Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:19:45 +0200
From:      "Vadym V. Chepkov" <vvc@kharkiv.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   vinum

Hi!

I'd like to concatenate two parts of two disk's. I know how to do that with
ccd support. But I'd like using vinum, if it possible.

FreeBSD 3.4-RC i386

I've done

vinum -> concat -v /dev/wd0s1g /dev/wd1s1e
volume vinum0
  plex name vinum0.p0 org concat
drive vinumdrive0 device /dev/wd0s1g
Can't create drive vinumdrive0, device /dev/wd0s1g: Drive vinumdrive0 has
invalid partition type

I created simple configuration file

vinumconf:

drive d1 device /dev/wd0s1g
drive d2 device /dev/wd1s1e
volume d12
 plex org concat
   sd length 0 drive d1
   sd length 0 drive d2

I've done

bash-2.03# vinum create -f vinumconf
   1: drive d1 device /dev/wd0s1g
** 1 Drive d1 has invalid partition type: Inappropriate file type or format
   2: drive d2 device /dev/wd1s1e
** 2 Drive d2 has invalid partition type: Inappropriate file type or format
Configuration summary

Drives:         0 (4 configured)
Volumes:        1 (4 configured)
Plexes:         1 (8 configured)
Subdisks:       2 (16 configured)

D d1                    State: referenced       Device /dev/wd0s1g
Avail: 0/0 MB
D d2                    State: referenced       Device /dev/wd1s1e
Avail: 0/0 MB

V d12                   State: up       Plexes:       1 Size:          0  B

P d12.p0              C State: up       Subdisks:     2 Size:          0  B

S d12.p0.s0             State: up       PO:        0  B Size:          0  B
S d12.p0.s1             State: up       PO:        0  B Size:          0  B

What shell I do or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Vadym Chepkov