Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:37:32 +0200
From:      Nikolay Denev <ndenev@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: New ZFS in the tree.

On 17 Nov, 2008, at 22:55 , Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> Hi.
>
> So ZFS was updated from version 6 to 13. Be very careful when updating
> your system if you use ZFS. The number of changes is huge and my
> regression tests and manual tests I did only cover part of the entire
> functionality.
>
> More info here:
>
> 	http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=185029
>
> Enjoy.
>
> --
> Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.wheel.pl
> pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org
> FreeBSD committer                         Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!

Hi Pawel,

Thanks for you excellent work on ZFS!

I want to report that I got again a kmem_map_too_small panic on recent
- - -current with the new ZFS version.
I left the machine overnight with an endless loop running bonnie++ on
a raidz2 zfs pool with five disks,
and I found it dead this morning.
Is this still supposed to happen?

I had only these two lines in my loader.conf :

  vm.kmem_size="1536M"
  vm.kmem_size_max="1536M"

and i have just added vfs.zfs.arc_max="768M" and will
run the torture test again. (the default value for arc_max was
1006632960)

Btw, the machine is amd64 with four gigabytes of RAM, and I have
upgraded the pool to version 13.

Thanks!

- --
Regards,