Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 02:05:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        Gene Sokolov <hook@aktrad.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: List maintanence question.

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Gene Sokolov wrote:
:->Unfortunately I have to use MS Outlook Express. It's brain damaged. It can't
:->parse headers beyond "from:", "to:" and "subject:". Don't tell me to switch,
:->I can't. The "Subject" seems to be the simplest and the most straight
:->forward way of sorting.

I have to wonder how you manage to track -STABLE, yet are forced to
use a brain damaged mail user agent. Adding generally useless verbiage
to the headers to help deal with a brain damaged mail agent that
doesn't run on the OS the list is about seems a wonderfull exercise in
irony.

How about creating a second mail drop to subscribe to the list? A
hotmail account, possibly? I believe that recent versions of MSOE can
fetch mail from them. That would allow you to filter on the To: field.

	<mike