Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:21:27 -0400
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox port

Mark,

> I upgraded to firefox (current version 9.3) it seg faults each time I go
> to a secure site and have to log in, my university and bank for example.
> This machine (FreeBSD hostname 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9...

I also run firefox-0.9.3 (with mozilla-1.8.a2,2) on a couple
5.2.1-RELEASE-p9 systems, one having been upgraded through a few versions
of everything and I've not seen reproducible segfaults, nor do I recall
any TLS/SSL specific issues.

The Microsoftian solution to many mozilla related problem is to clean out
.mozilla, start the client and put back the important data (bookmarks,
cookies, etc.).

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |