Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:58:39 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        martin.kahlert@infineon.com
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: I can only send 30 packackes through my ISDN connection

Martin Kahlert writes:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 10:29:37AM +0200, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> > This should have been sent to freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org; CC'd.
> Sorry, but i usually do not send newbie problems to developer lists
> when there is a dumb-new-user's-questions-list, too.

Yeah, well, the ISDN list is where the ISDN users hang out and you're
much more likely to get help here. I just happened to stumble across
your mail in questions@, which I usually don't even read.

> > Part of the problem is that ifpi2_recover doesn't work right at the
> > moment because I couldn't figure out what to do there :-/ I'll take
> > another look at it.
> Why does it try to recover anything? It seems that some timer runs out.
> Should i increase any values in my setup?

The timeout indicates that the bus may be jammed. The recover routine
is supposed do whatever is required to reset the card and give it
another try. Unfortunately, the recover routine does nothing at the
moment.

> > Maybe you coulkd try it with sppp ? That's how I tested it. I'm not
> > sure that the driver works correctly with the RBCH interfaces.
> O.k. i will try to find a working configuration with (i)sppp.
> Sorry, but i am very new to BSD so it may take a while.

Take a look at /usr/share/examples/isdn/FAQ.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@jennejohn.org gj@freebsd.org gj@denx.de