Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:26:41 -0800
From:      Steve Sizemore <steve@ls.berkeley.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   growfs failure

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

Hi, all. Running FreeBSD 5.3 using hardware RAID (Dell Perc/4 Di).
I added a disk to the Logical Volume, rebuilt the RAID array, resized
the slice (fdisk), and changed the label (bsdlabel). All of that
worked just fine. However, when I tried to grow the filesystem,
growfs failed, saying "growfs: bad inode number 1 to ginode".

Searching the archives, I saw a similar report using vinum, and there
was no real solution, but the suggested workaround was to fsck the
device, and then growfs would work. In my case, that didn't fix the
problem.

Is there anything that I can try to make it work, or am I stuck with
dump/newfs/restore?

Thanks.
Steve
--=20
Steve Sizemore <steve (at) ls.berkeley.edu>, (510) 642-8570
Unix System Manager
    Dept. of Mathematics and College of Letters and Science
    University of California, Berkeley

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--