Date:      Sun, 06 Jan 2008 00:35:34 -0500
From:      Naram Qashat <cyberbotx@cyberbotx.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports that have multiple configuration files

I had a question regarding what to do in a port Makefile when the port has
multiple configuration files to install into PREFIX/etc.  I read in the Porters
Handbook about having to add entries into the Makefile and pkg-plist, but that
seems to only be good for ports with a very small amount of configuration files.
  Is there an easy way to take a large collection of configuration files, change
their extensions all to .conf.sample instead of .conf, set up all of them to be
copied to .conf when they don't exist, and remove them all when they match the
.conf.sample?  Any information to make this easier would be very helpful, as I
don't think it would be very clean to have a large amount of the Makefile be
only for handling this.

Thanks,
Naram Qashat