Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:00:24 -0700
From:      steve@Watt.COM (Steve Watt)
To:        deischen@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pthreads signals

In <Pine.GSO.4.64.0703281615540.14519@sea.ntplx.net>,
Daniel Eischen <deischen@freebsd.org> wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Peter Holmes wrote:
>
>> How do signals work with pthreads in FreeBSD. How are process signals
>> delivered?
>
>The best explanation of signals and threads in general
>is in the POSIX spec, or Butenhof's book.
>
>   http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/xsh_chap02_04.html

I suspect the question was rather more specific than that, due to
bad experiences with LinuxThreads.  Does FreeBSD have a proper
signal delivery model, where thread masks are per-signal, and signals
sent to the process when all threads within the process have the
signal blocked remain pending against the process so any thread may
accept the signal using sigwait()/sigtimedwait()/sigwaintinfo().

I suspect the answer is yes, but I haven't played with threads on
recent versions enough.

--
Steve Watt KD6GGD  PP-ASEL-IA          ICBM: 121W 56' 57.5" / 37N 20' 15.3"
 Internet: steve @ Watt.COM                      Whois: SW32-ARIN