Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:32:57 +0100
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel module path for ports?

El Mi=E9rcoles, 26 de Enero de 2005 03:51, Craig Boston escribi=F3:
> I'm working on a port that needs to install a kernel module (loaded by
> an rcNG script).  Is there a preferred location for kernel modules
> installed by a port?
>
> A quick search of Google, the Porter's Handbook, and hier(7) came up
> empty.  The following locations seem to be popular:
>
> $PREFIX/lib/$PORTNAME
better ${PREFIX}/libexec/...
> $PREFIX/modules
Not an option
> $PREFIX/share/$PORTNAME
modules are arch-specific.  Can't go under ${PREFIX}/share/

> There's also /boot/modules, but that's outside of PREFIX...  Would
I think this is the correct place, but you must place it first under=20
${PREFIX}/libexec/ and then use a pkg-install script  to safe install it=20
under /boot/modules
> anyone care to set a standard?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig