Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2000 18:04:08 +0000
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux JDK 1.2.2 RC4

--------------0C2D35E18BB4204E20BA39B1

Hi,

I'm attempting to run the Blackdown JDK1.2.2-rc4, but after downloading,
make install-ing (using the correct tar.gz-ball from Jose Marques), this
is what I get:

bash-2.03# ./java
ELF binary type not known.  Use "brandelf" to brand it.
Abort trap
ELF binary type not known.  Use "brandelf" to brand it.
Abort trap
ELF binary type not known.  Use "brandelf" to brand it.
Abort trap
./java: /bin/realpath: not found
./java: /bin/realpath: not found
java was not found in /bin/i386/green_threads/java
bash-2.03#

This is probably a lack of know-how on my side, as others have installed
it successfully, as it seems. I checked `man brandelf', and I tried:

bash-2.03# brandelf -t Linux *

In both the bin/i386/green_threads and bin/i386/native_threads
directories, but that didn't seem to do the trick. Any cents left? Pleez?
Pretty pleeez? ;)

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
Freelance Java Architect

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ
--------------0C2D35E18BB4204E20BA39B1

begin:vcard
n:de Haan;Ernst
tel;fax:+31 (0)26 3645634
tel;work:+31 (0)26 3623895
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.znerd.demon.nl/
org:Jollem
adr:;;Rozendaalselaan 35;Velp;GLD;6881 KZ;Netherlands
version:2.1
email;internet:ernst@jollem.com
title:Java Architect
fn:Ernst de Haan