Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2013 14:20:34 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_Larsson?= <bjwela@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   camcontrol cmd -c - for listing EVPD 0x83

Dear All,=20

=20

I am trying to use =93camcontrol cmd =96c=94 to send a scsi inquiry =
command that
lists 0x83 (device identification) data instead of the standard output =
given
by the =93camcontrol inquiry=94 but I cannot get it to work properly. =
This could
be due to that I am not understanding the hex format, so hopefully =
someone
out there can point me in the right direction? The only information I am
looking for is the WWN identifier of the SAS target.  =20

=20

I have tried to create a SCSI CDB command according the information on:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI_Inquiry_Command>;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI_Inquiry_Command and come up with the
following command:=20

=20

# camcontrol cmd da0 =96c 0x009600830112 =96i 96 =96

=20

12 is inquiry

01 EVPD bit is set

83 VPD Page

00 MSB length

96 LSB length

00 reserved  =20

=20

The problem is that I cannot get any output from the command? Am I using =
it
wrong?=20

=20

Thanks,=20