Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:33:13 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Major # please :)

Meaning no offense, but I can't think of a single good reason to write a
device driver for one of these cards.  (Unless you're trying to do
pattern generation, and an 8255 is a terrible choice for that.)  Worse
than that though, there's _no_ standard for these cards' implementation,
so a driver isn't going to be even vageuly portable.

Use i386_set_ioperm() and just bit-bash it in userspace.