Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 11:19:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        craigs@brandcomms.com (Craig Stratton)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTP Problems

> I cannot ftp any files larger than about 2K to my FreeBSD server from my =
> workstation.
>
> My pc is W95 with Tiny Term FTP, Chameleon FTP and Microsoft TCP.
> I have tried all three and get the same results.

2K or 2M?

If 2K: make sure that the area is writeable by the FTP user you are
logged in as.  This is a common mistake.  Als make sure you have
sufficient free disk space that you don't have to be root to use
the reserve.

If 2M: this is because the default file size limit for FTP is 2M
for file creates.  To go beyond that, you will have to change
the limit.  See the ftpd man page for details.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.