Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2007 23:23:27 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   STILL cannot login as kline!

	This is what is in my ~/.xsession-errors file:

(process:1038): Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running setuid
or setgid.
This is not a supported use of GTK+. You must create a helper
program instead. For further details, see:

    http://www.gtk.org/setuid.html

Refusing to initialize GTK+.
/usr/local/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
/usr/local/etc/gdm/Xsession: Setup done, will execute: /usr/bin/ssh-agent
-- gnome-session
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes
are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have
stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  2: IOR
file '/var/tmp/gconfd-kline/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: No such file or directory)
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes
are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have
stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  2: IOR
file '/var/tmp/gconfd-kline/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: No such file or directory)
Can't remove file (null): Bad address
gconf-sanity-check-2 did not pass, logging back out
root@tao2:/home/kline#

	I have fixed all of the possibilities with the exception of the
	TCP/IP ORBit networking. I have set up root entirely well;
	orev'ly there was nothing on the title/menu bar.  But I keep
	getting bounced out of kline whenI try to login as myself.

	Clues, people?? I'm plumb out of ideas.

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix