Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:51:46 +0200 (EET)
From:      Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   vmstat regression (RELENG_4 -> RELENG_5)

Hello!

   While playing with fresh installation of 5.3-RELEASE (GENERIC kernel) I've
noticed that I can only see my HDD in the left lower corner of the systat's
vmstat screen. I also have working floppy and CD-RW drives, both are detected
and work, but I can't see data transfer stats for them. In 4.10-RELEASE, I see
ad0,acd0,fd0 here, but in 5.3-RELEASE I see only ad0.
   After reading manual page systat(8) I see the root reason of this behaviour:
kernel devstat(9) subsystem only sees my ad0. Under 4.10-RELEASE, sysctl
kern.devstat.numdevs gives 3, but under 5.3-RELEASE only 1. How can I enable
disk statistics gathering for disks other than HDD in 5.3-RELEASE?

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua