Date:      Tue, 04 Aug 2015 14:28:20 -0400
From:      Quartz <quartz@sneakertech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB stick and some help with it. [SOLVED] The usb stick is in the trash now.

>>> I have not found a Linux utility similar to gpart
>>
>> Umm.... you do know that linux has gpart too, right? Like, it's a
>> standard part of most distros, and it's what GParted Live is based around?
>
> GParted is the GTK+ graphical interface to GNU "parted"
> program.

I know that GParted is "Gnome Partition Editor" and is just a front end
to parted, but I thought that [lib]parted was basically forked off of
gpart at some point in the past. I stand corrected.

gpart v0.2.1 (c) 1999-2001 Michail Brzitwa <michail@brzitwa.de>

>The GParted Live CD is a minimal Debian system that comes with
> GParted and a handful of other utilities for system maintenance.

Gparted Live includes gpart by Michail Brzitwa.