Date:      Sun, 06 Apr 2003 18:49:00 +0200
From:      des@ofug.org (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   weird fxp / timecounter interaction in top-of-tree

With a kernel built from sources only a few hours old (in the hopes of
figuring out whether I could use the TSC in SMP mode), I hit a number
of strange bugs in the fxp and / or miibus code:

 - trying to unload fxp after the interface has been configured with
   dhclient causes a panic near the top of fxp_txeof (of course,
   somebody has broken dumps again...)

   timecounter hardware to PIIX.

 - switching the timecounter hardware manually to PIIX when if_fxp and
   miibus are loaded causes the machine to lock up.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@ofug.org