Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 11:17:17 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Michel Talon <michel@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld and Top/Nlist Failure

Michel Talon wrote:

> With freshly cvsupped sources of 4.0-Stable,
> make buildworld -j4 groks at wlconfig. On the other
> hand i was able to complete the build, removing the -j4.
>
> Other point, having installed world and new kernel, and issued
> disklabel -b <slice>, if i directly boot from  boot blocks, top
> still does not work
> top: nlist failed
> I had seen a fix somewhere and thought it was committed.

I used the one listed in this message to fix my system. I think is
should have been fixed but really haven't paid any attention until I
upgraded to 4.0 and top and nlist broke on my system. The patch is in
the following message

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/152/2000/3/0/3516580/

> --
> Michel Talon

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html