Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 1997 08:03:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John-David Childs <jdc@denver.net>
To:        Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Extreme Embarrassing Ignorance

See the Usenet Newsgroups comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.* FAQ's
If I remember correctly, there is a comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
FAQ which will answer all of your questions and then some.

On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Steve Hovey wrote:

> This isnt directly related to the list topic, but I figure if anyone would
> know this answer it would be one of you guys.
>
> What the heck is the difference between a regular 486 chip, and the amd
> and cyrix 586 chips that go in 486 motherboards?

John-David Childs (JC612)       @denver.net/Internet-Coach
System Administrator            Enterprise Internet Solutions
  & Network Engineer            901 E 17th Ave, Denver 80218
"I used up all my sick days...  so I'm calling in dead!"