Date:      Sat, 02 Feb 2002 18:29:52 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Roch Tourigny <roch.tourigny@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mice not detected

Roch Tourigny wrote:

> I bought a used kvm switch so i can toy with networking.
> I use my old pc for all kind of test, one of these test is to finally
> give a try to freebsd.
> I installed it to an old hard drivre of sufficient capacity(1.5 gb).
>
> The problem i have now is that the ps2 mouse will not be detected at all
> if it is plugged into the kvm switch. I must absolutely plug it into the
> pcb to get it to work.
>
> I did not have any problem with the same hadware under mandrake linux or
> windows98.
>
> I enquired about a flash upgrade for the kvm switch but i did not
> received an answer yet an i doubt i will receive any.
>
> Does anyone have an idea for a fix or a work around this problem?
>
> For those interested here are some of my pc specs
> os : freebsd 4.5 install-iso
> cpu : pIII 450
> mobo : unknown manufacturer , intel 440 bx chipset, award bios
> video : matrox g100 4mb agp
> nic : d-link de528
>         ibm etherjet 10/100

I have 4 machines on a kvm switch. One of them needs a serial mouse
and I have a mouse plugged into the ps/2 port on the switch. The mouse
understands ps/2 and serial.

The only thing I have done is use the following setup

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device          atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA