Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 08:58:36 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_2_2

> > You don't consider corrupting mbox as a bad bug?  Either fix dtmail
> > correctly, or not at all.  Making it 'run' but corrupt email is worse
> > than not running at all.
>
> Read this again - "existing tools" I said, which many have taken up as
> a sort of battle cry "You're making our existing system less secure!"

To make dtmail *NOT* corrupt email you must make the system less secure.

> > "Gee, let's use FreeBSD/CDE, so we can lose email by design."
>
> I guess you've never seen a machine which pops its mail over rather
> than accepts it directly.

Mine, but it's the exception, not the rule.  And, most people whop 'pop'
their mail over have the MUA which pops their mail over read it, not
have two different programs to get email and read it.

> Further discussion with you is clearly pointless.

Because you choose to ignore everyone and live in your own little world?
Discussion with you is pointless if you aren't willing to listen!

Nate