Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 12:02:10 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PostgreSQL v6.1 Released...

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Hi...
>
> 	Not sure what James' scheduale is like, but could someone upgrade
> the PostgreSQL port to v6.1 from v6.0?  It was officially released late
> this afternoon...

	Public apology here...

	This wasn't meant to be a slur or anything on James, far from it..
James was the one to originally put up the port of PostgreSQL, and he's always
been *very* responsive to problems reported on any of the ports that he
maintains.

	When v6.1 was originally put out (and subsequently removed), James
volunteered to make the port then...

	One person (whom shall remain nameless) suggested I contact the
MAINTAINER directly...I am the maintainer for the v6.0 port, but due to some
major changes in v6.1 (uses configure now) and an unfamiliarity, and lack of
time, with using configure in a port, I can't do it myself :(

	The 'could someone upgrade' comment was merely made because I've seen
how busy James  has been over recent weeks with various other ports, and
wasn't sure how swamped he really was...

	James, if there was any offence taken, apologies...none was meant