Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2018 14:39:37 -0500
From:      Janos Dohanics <web@3dresearch.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   security/cyrus-sasl2

Hello,

I have just noticed that security/cyrus-sasl2 is broken on my FreeBSD
10.4-STABLE #0 r327958 box.

Apparently it broke after I have updated to cyrus-sasl-2.1.26_13.

Here are the symptoms:

- Adding a new user with saslpasswd2(8) apparently succeeds (no error)
but testsaslauthd fails to authenticate the newly added user.

- Users I know are in the database are authenticated "OK"
with testsaslauthd.

- The newly added user is returned by sasldblistusers2(8), but none of
the users who I know should be in the database (and authnticated with
testsaslauthd) are returned.

All the relevant ports are updated, and pkg check -d -a returns no
errors.

Has anyone seen this problem? What do you suggest to fix the problem?

--
Janos Dohanics